About Us Overview
An Introduction to CDI Operations
About the Commissioner
Boards & Committees
Administrative Hearing Bureau
The Administrative Hearing Bureau ("AHB") conducts administrative hearings and mediates disputes for the CDI. A list of the the types of hearings the CDI conducts is available.
Who We Are
The AHB employs Administrative Law Judges (ALJs). The ALJs are independent of the Insurance Commissioner and the attorneys that appear before them. All ALJs are civil service employees and are required to have practiced law for at least five years. The AHB also employs a support staff of legal secretaries and clerks.
For information about the AHB, please contact one of the following members of AHB's Administrative staff.
- Jean Agpoon, Legal Secretary, (415) 538-4102
- Carmencita Malbog, Legal Secretary, (415) 538-4251
- Luis Valdez, Office Technician, (415) 538-4247
- May Wong, Office Assistant, (415) 538-4203
The AHB has two hearing rooms at the following locations:
- 45 Fremont, 22nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
- 300 South Spring Street, 1st Floor, North Tower, Los Angeles, CA 90013
What We Do
The ALJs conduct fair and impartial hearings. They write proposed decisions applying the law to the facts in the record.
The AHB staff maintains the case files, schedules all events for the AHB hearing rooms and hires court reporters for the hearings conducted at the AHB. You may view the AHB Hearing Calendar. For a copy of a case file, contact one of the staff listed above.